Scott Jordan's Marquee Hire
A Professional Service For Your Special Day
Looking for a marquee to hire for your big day? Then look no further! Not only can we supply entertainment, wedding cars and a catering service, we can also provide you with the perfect marquee suitable for your special day. Marquees have a unique atmosphere. Set up, temporarily, for a single... [ more ]
Please contact us for a quote.
or call us now on 0845 094 1455
» Media Clips
If you have trouble playing video or audio clips please clear your Internet files and try again.
No sound or video clips?
2. Get Adobe Flash Player at
» More Photos
- Scott Jordan's Marquee Hire
» ProfileLooking for a marquee to hire for your big day?
Then look no further! Not only can we supply entertainment, wedding cars and a catering service, we can also provide you with the perfect marquee suitable for your special day.
Marquees have a unique atmosphere. Set up, temporarily, for a single occasion, they are a space apart from normal life, embodying the specialness of an event.
In addition, marquees are very flexible. In a marquee, anything is possible: long, square, L-shaped; romantic, classical, themed. The bride and groom can stamp their character on an event in any way they choose, unlike in a fixed venue where the decorative possibilities may be limited, and size and shape are fixed.
Why not have a Chinese hat marquee for a small reception area? Or make the marquee individual with our huge range of coloured roof overlays, linings and swags? Black Starcloth over the dance floor? The possibilities are endless. We can make the marquee as grand or as simple as you like.
There really is no limit, we can cater for all sized weddings/Civil Partnerships with a complete peace of mind that the job is being done professionally.
- How many guests can I accommodate in a marquee? What type of event are you holding? Work out the number of guests, whether they will be seated or standing. Then you possibly need to add on space for dance floors, stages, reception areas. As a general rule of thumb you need 8 sq ft minimum per person for a standing event, 15 sq ft per person minimum if they are seated. Our advisors will be able to inform you of the size marquee you need.
- What are the colour schemes for the marquees and can they be changed? All our marquees are white PVC, decorated inside with ivory lining and matting. However we can supply any colour roof lining/swag/ walls/coloured lighting to your specification.
- Can you supply other things apart from the marquee? Yes we offer a full range of services : catering, staff, entertainment, music, bands, fireworks, toilet hire. Please contact us for further details.
- How are the marquees in bad weather?Unless exceptional, I.E winds over 60mph, you should experience no problems in our marquees.
- Are the marquees safe? Yes, our marquees are fully staked and weighted and completely fire resistant and weatherproof. They are made in accordance with EC safety standards. However to ensure a dry floor in wet conditions we would recommend that you have a hard floor.
- Heating in Winter. Our heaters are thermostatically controlled and are usually sited outside the marquee.
- Lighting your marquee. Our standard lighting is either chandelier or up lighters. However we can also provide rope light canopies, star cloth sky, pinspots, and parcan lighting. Outdoor spotlights are also available.
- Marquee flooring. Our normal flooring is matting similar to coconut matting which is a close weaved man made fibre which is sufficient for most marquee surfaces. Friendly to high heels too! However we can provide hard flooring, which we would recommend that you cover with a carpet, if the surface requires it.
- Power supply. Our marquees do not need any extra power requirements unless you are providing catering or having a band etc. We can normally run our cables 50m to the nearest power supply. Otherwise we would need to supply you with a generator.
» Marquee InformationSafety Issues: Position of underground and overhead services (e.g. drains, gas pipes, etc.) if known. Ensure your power supply is adequate. Consider fire precautions, fire extinguishers?
General Help and Advice: Inform us if you need the marquee in place prior to the eve of the event Stagger the arrival of the various contractors, e.g. caterers are unable to set up before the roof lining is in place. Update marquee hire company of changes to guest numbers, dates etc. prior to the event.